In-depth Power BI Training
Data is the new crude oil. And business success in the 21st century is heavily reliant on the ability to mine and use relevant data about consumers, internal operations, financial operation and industry trend to drive business decisions.
UrBizEdge Limited, Nigeria’s leading business data analysis company is putting together this special training for proactive business professionals who already have some experience with business reporting and quantitative data analysis.
We will be focusing on Business Intelligence and how to create BI reports that leverage participant’s current data analysis skills using Microsoft’s Power BI. Power BI enables organizations to have a wholesome understanding of what is happening at all operational levels of the company. You can buy our Power BI for the Busy Professional book on Amazon
This training package covers our industry recognized certificate, practice materials, required software, tea break + lunch and other training materials.
The training will be facilitated by an officially awarded Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP). And we have had participants of our training from Promasidor, Citi Bank, Dalberg, SaveTheChildren, Mobil, Total, Vodacom, Nestle, Guinness Nigeria, Nigerian Breweries, Delta Afrik, Biofem Pharmaceuticals, American Tower Corporation, LATC Marine, Broll, Habanera (JTI), SABMiller, IBM, Airtel, Diamond Bank, ECOWAS, Ministry of Finance, Palladium Group, Nokia Siemens Networks and DDB.
Reach Michael on 0700ANALYTICS, 0808-938-2423, 0806-312-5227 and email@example.com or Hannah on 0802-118-0874 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Emmanuel on 0908-482-5064 and email@example.com to register.
Date: Friday 17th August 2018 to Saturday 18th August 2018
Time: 9:00am to 5:00pm daily with tea break and lunch break
Venue: Kristina Jade Learning Center, 70b Olorunlogbon street, Off Alade Lawal street, Anthony Village, Lagos.
The training will cover:
1. Power BI’s strength and weakness compared to the other popular BI tools
2. Important concepts of Power BI
3. Connecting to any type of data source (from structured to unstructured which will require some transforming)
4. Getting data from existing services, organizational content pack, flat files and live databases
5. Data Transformation (very broad and requires some knowledge of data analysis) and we will use DAX and M formulas too.
6. Creating relationships between the datasets and leveraging hierarchy (a.k.a. data modelling)
7. Creating Reports
8. Visualizations and the science behind choosing the right visuals
9. Importing custom visuals (especially word cloud for sentiment analysis and other very useful non-native visuals)
10. Creating dashboards
11. Publishing Reports from the Power BI Desktop and pinning to dashboards
12. Scheduling refresh
13. Q & A Natural Language query
14. Integrating with Cortana
15. Live Dashboards
16. Collaboration and sharing
17. Printing the dashboard
18. Analyzing the dashboard data (report) from Power BI service in Excel (new feature)
19. Value Proposition to corporate customers
20. Use case scenarios for entire company or business unit or departments
21. Access from mobile app and setting data alerts (automated notifications when something of note happens)
22. Lots of interaction (Q&A) and practice
Reach Michael on 08089382423 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Hannah on 08021180874 and email@example.com to register. There is a class size limit.
You can also sign up for our highly educative tutorial newsletters at http://blog.urbizedge.com/ and read/download our Data Analysis Industry Report for 2016 for your company use.
Access our free training Videos and Practice-along files
Below are the some training video links and the practice-along files to give you a tip of the value to expect.
Video 1: Demystifying Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence and Big Data
Video 2: Detailed Introduction to Power BI
Video 3: Analysing Large Data Records With Pivot Table, Power Pivot and Power BI.
Video 4: New Column and Formatting in Power BI
Video 5: Getting Familiar with Power BI settings.
Video 6: Relationships in Power BI.
Video 7: Unpivot Column in Power BI
Video 8: Workspaces In Power BI
Video 9: Building a Dashboard with Power BI
You can buy our Power BI for the Busy Professional book on Amazon